FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Self Storage provides the customer with their own allocated area/unit which is securely locked at all times. You, as the customer, retain control and responsibility for all items and possessions once they are placed into the facility. Each unit is padlocked, the keys for which are kept at reception. You can have access to your storage unit as often as you like, the only thing we ask is for 24 hours notice.
More or less anything! If you have any questions or concerns just contact us, we are happy to help. A list of items that cannot be stored can be found below.
You can store whatever you like in your storage unit, however, there are some exceptions. Items listed below are strictly prohibited:
- Food or perishable goods unless they are packed in such a way as to not attract vermin
- Animals, birds, fish or any other living creatures
- Combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as gas, paint, petrol, oil or cleaning fluids
- Illegal firearms & weapons
- Explosives or ammunition
- Chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents or similar
- Items which might emit fumes or odours
- Toxic waste, asbestos, polluted or contaminated items, commercial waste, any materials of a potentially dangerous nature, compressed gases
- Illegal substances, illegal or illicit items, or goods illegally obtained
- Cash and securities
Often you may not need as much space as you think. We have experienced staff who can come and view and assess the items you wish to store and advise on what size storage unit will be required.
Cost depends on size, we have a wide range of sizes to suit all needs and budgets ... from 25 sq ft to 150 sq ft.
Absolutely. Our premises are completely secure. Inside all individual units are kept padlocked. We have fully operational 24hr CCTV and police monitored systems in place. The perimeter is surrounded by a secure fence and gates to the car park are locked at night. Only you or a nominated person can access your unit, having given 24hrs notice.
We provide the unit padlocks and keys and ensure that they are kept secure at all times.
As long as you need to, provided all payments are kept up to date. Two weeks notice is required before vacating your unit.
Yes! Our sister company, Baynton Williams Removals can assist you with all aspects of your removal ... from quotation, to bringing goods into storage and then moving them from storage to your new home. They also provide a very good packing service. Please contact reception for further details.
Yes, these items can be purchased from the storage facility. See our Packaging page for further details.
We require 24hrs notice before visits to your unit, this is because the unit is not manned during all office hours and we need to arrange for a key holder to give you access. When vacating your unit, a period of 2 weeks notice is required.